LIAE’s General Assembly consists of seven members, and is responsible to govern and oversee the operations of the organization through acting as fiduciaries. It is accountable to the organization, community, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
The Assembly is entrusted with the following specific responsibilities:
- articulates the goal, mission, and purpose of the organization.
- makes sure the organization has the resources it needs, and the resources are well managed.
- ensures that the organization’s work is effective.
- hires, supervises and evaluates the Executive Director.
- establishes policies and procedures.
- serves as ambassadors for the organization.
- Ensure s that the organization meets ethical standards.
LIAE’s Management Committee consists of five members, and is responsible for the overall operation of the organization.
The following are the specific responsibilities of the Committee:
- Planning-establishing and reviewing strategic and operational plans.
- Policy and decision making-establishing policies/procedures and record decisions and actions on matters concerning the organization.
- Management-making sure everyone does their job, that the organization is properly administered, and that the Committee is actively involved in the activities of the group.
- Legal-ensuring the organization is incorporated, keeps proper records, and complies with any relevant legislation and the organization’s constitution.
- Financial-ensuring that all finances are properly managed, that records are audited annually and that accountability requirements of funding providers are fulfilled.
- Evaluation-monitoring all activities by the organization with feedback contributing to the continuous improvement in governance and service delivery.
LIAE’s Advisory Committee has the responsibility to advise, assist, support and advocate for the organization’s activities, and consists of seven individuals who bring unique knowledge and skills which complement the knowledge and skills of the formal Board of Directors.
Specific responsiblities of the Committee include:
- determines mission and purpose of a program.
- articulates goals, means, and primary constituents to be served by a program.
- assists staff in determining important activities.
- evaluates the performance of a program.
- ensures effective planning, monitoring and strengthening of programs.
- enhances the organization’s public standing.
- serves as advocate for the organization to the community it serves.
- gathers input from/serves as a liaison with relevant constituencies.
- provides technical expertise.